MOSCOW â€“ Unlike elsewhere in Europe, foreign auto makers have a tough time selling small cars in Russia because they are more expensive than domestic alternatives, says Ford of Russia Marketing Director Irina Sharovatova. Ford sells most of its European lineup here, with the notable exception of the sub-B Ka small car, Sharovatova tells Wardâ€™s during an interview here. â€œThis is not a big market for our small cars, because (our) small cars are not cheap, and the price is the key feature ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiestaâ€™s Styling Will Win Over Frugal Russian Buyers, Ford Projects" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.