TOKYO – Having sold only 8,000 vehicles in Japan in 2002, Ford Motor Co. sees plenty of growth potential in Asia/Pacific’s most-sophisticated market. Ford Japan Ltd.’s best-selling car, by far, is the Focus, followed by the Escape, Explorer, Mustang, Mondeo and Ka, says Richard Parry-Jones, Ford’s group vice president-global product development and chief technical officer. Ford’s strongest market within the Asia/Pacific region is Australia, where the No.2 auto maker sold about ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiesta, Volvo S40 Bound for Japan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.