BERLIN â The financial crisis that began in the U.S. and continues to roll out across markets worldwide isnât forcing Volkswagen AG to revise its outlook for 2008, CEO Martin Winterkorn says. However, he says some production cuts are being made as a result of the decline in new-vehicle demand in Europe. Speaking Wednesday to a small group of government and economic development officials visiting VWâs headquarters in Wolfsburg from the state of Tennessee, where VW plans to build a new ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Financial Crisis Wonât Derail VW in 2008, CEO Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.