Siemens Automotive's Passive Start/Entry (PASE) which replaces vehicle keys with a Smart Card, was introduced as an option for the 1999 Mercedes-Benz S-Class. Siemens now plans to introduce the next step in protection/convenience systems — fingerprint recognition — within two years. A Siemens source says the fingerprint recognition technology will be seen sometime in calendar year 2001 for an '02 European model. Although the source cannot confirm it, the most likely first user is Mercedes, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fingerprints replace keys" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.