Bridgestone/Firestone Inc. says it will post a special $350 million loss this year due to plans to recall an estimated 6.5 million Radial ATX, ATXII and Wilderness AT tires sold in North America. That tab doesn't include the cost of potential lawsuits or the loss of sales that may result. The recall could take a year or more and will be rolled out in three stages, starting first in Arizona, California, Florida and Texas. Most of the tires — 60%-70% — were original equipment on several ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Firestone Recall to Cost at Least $350 Million" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.