Tower Automotive Inc. is feeling the effects of Ford Motor Co. production cuts due to Bridgestone Inc.'s massive Firestone tire recall. The maker of stamped vehicle frame parts says it will lay off as many as 300 workers at its Milwaukee plant and reduce third-quarter earnings by about 5 cents per share in the wake of Ford's decision to suspend Explorer and Ranger production for two weeks in order to divert new tires to customers clamoring for replacements. The idled workers represent ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Firestone Recall Triggers Layoffs at Tower" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.