Ford Motor Co., Bridgestone/Firestone Inc. and a Ford dealership reach a confidential settlement with a family who lost two members in an August 2000 accident involving a Ford Explorer with Firestone tires. The settlement was reached just 10 minutes before a trial was to begin. Garry Meek, 56, of Visalia, CA, and his 13-year-old granddaughter Amy Meek were killed when the Explorer they were riding in rolled over following a tire tread separation. Another passenger in the vehicle was ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Firestone Tire Suit Settled Before Trial" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.