Yet another chapter in General Motors Corp.'s EV1 saga opens as the earliest leased vehicles will begin to be returned later this year. More an experiment in alternative fuel technology than a viable widespread product offering, GM managed to lease but a few hundred EV1s, although its believers arguably have been among the industry's most loyal. Now those first EV1 lessees will have to turn in their beloved vehicles to allow others to lease them — or to release them themselves. GM will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"First EV1s to go off-lease" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.