North American light vehicle capacity utilization fell to 78.9% in first-quarter 2001, compared to 95.1% in like-2000, marking the third consecutive quarter of decline from the same year-ago period. Among the Top Six volume manufacturers, only Honda of America Mfg. Inc. met or surpassed straight-time capacity during January-March. It also topped the Ward's production efficiency rankings. Production was hampered by temporary plant shutdowns to reduce bloated inventory. Capacity ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"First Quarter N.A. Production Capacity Declines for Third Straight Period" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.