J Mays can hardly contain his bravado as Ford Motor Co. unveils its 427 concept sedan. "This car is a bad-ass," he tells reporters. "It’s got great attitude. You don’t put it in the garage the day you buy it. You bring it home on a sunny day, you leave it in the driveway and let and your neighbor eat his heart out. The styling is aggressive. It’s intimidating." Emboldened now, as if feeding off energy from the car’s "menacingly blunt" face, Mays, Ford vice president-design, throws down ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford 427: The Car Your Mother Warned You About" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.