LOS ANGELES – Ford Motor Co. plans to place its all-new 5.0L V-8 in a high-volume product by year’s end, a source familiar with the program tells Ward’s. The 5.0L, dubbed internally as the “Coyote,” currently is dedicated only to the upcoming ’11 Ford Mustang GT. But the auto maker’s ongoing strategy, crafted by Derrick Kuzak, group vice president-global product development, calls for the sharing of powertrains and platforms in order to leverage economies of scale. That makes it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford 5.0L V-8 Likely to Make Way Into F-150" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.