MELBOURNE — Ford Motor Co. in Australia confirms it is designing a four-wheel-drive version of the Falcon, but says there are no production plans at this stage. A published report here says the car has been named the Raptor and would be the first Australian-made 4wd family passenger car. Raptor production has not yet won approval by Ford management in Detroit, but a decision is expected before the end of the year. If it gets the green light, the car could reach showrooms by 2003. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to add Raptor to Falcon family?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.