VIENNA – Ford-Werke GmbH will add seven additional weekend shifts at its plant in Cologne, Germany, in August and September in order to meet higher demand for its Fiesta and Fusion small cars. Some 4,000 Fiesta and Fiesta-based Fusions are to be manufactured during the extra shifts. In addition, daily production will be increased from 1,880 to 1,930 units starting in early September. Ford’s Cologne plant manufactured 403,349 vehicles last year, up 6.3% from 2004. Some 83% of all Fiesta ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Adds Overtime at Cologne Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.