An all-new Hemi-fighting V-8 has the green light at Ford Motor Co. and will be built at the auto maker’s engine plant in Romeo, MI, under the code name Hurricane, a company source tells Ward’s. The Romeo facility, located some 40 miles (64 km) north of Detroit, currently turns out 4.6L and 5.4L V-8 engines for various cars and trucks in the domestic lineup. The Hurricane’s displacement and timetable are unclear, but reports indicate the engine could be a 6.2L mill initially tagged for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Approves Hemi Fighting V-8" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.