Ford Motor Co. has developed the ultimate F-Series SuperDuty pickup truck as a demonstration vehicle for the U.S. Army. Ford's concept truck, which recently passed desert field tests and is based on the F-350 SuperDuty Crew Cab, is modified and equipped with advanced drivetrain, suspension, electrical and electronic components. The truck was developed as part of the U.S. Army's COMBATT (Commercially Based Tactical Truck) program. The Army is working with Ford, General Motors Corp. and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford, Army Unveil COMBATT Truck" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.