CANBERRA – Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd. is recalling 233,791 AUI and AUII Falcon-based models to check the integrity of a steering rack mounting stud. The voluntary recall involves vehicles built between June 1, 1998, and May 22, 2001, and includes Forte, Futura, XR, Fairmont, Fairlane, LTD, FTE and Ute models. Recall includes Ford’s Fairmont model. The recall covers 219,429 vehicles sold in Australia, 13,362 exported to New Zealand and 1,000 shipped to South Africa. Ford says ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Australia Calls Back 233,791 Vehicles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.