Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd. is cutting the spending on Ford teams in the country’s iconic V8 Supercars motor racing series due to falling sales of its best-selling model, the Falcon. Ford President Tom Gorman says the company will be reducing financial support for teams and drivers to reflect the changing balance of the auto maker’s product portfolio. “We are committed to motor sport, but I’m not sure we will be committed at the same levels that we have been,” he tells reporters. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Australia Cuts Support for Losing Race Teams" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.