The ripple effect from Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd.’s plan to cut up to 350 jobs and slash production as much as 25% is beginning to be felt, as two domestic parts manufacturers announce moves to eliminate up to 120 workers. The Robert Bosch (Australia) Pty. Ltd.-owned PBR International Ltd. says it is cutting as many as 80 positions, while axle supplier Unidrive Pty. Ltd. will trim 40 jobs. Unidrive blames the move on a number of factors, including higher steel prices, a drop in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Australia Production Cuts Begin to Take Toll on Suppliers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.