MELBOURNE — Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd. reports a 1999 after-tax profit of A$82.3 million (US$50 million), up 41% on its 1998 performance. Revenue fell for a third straight year, down 6.4% to A$2.9 billion (US$1.7 billion) as vehicle sales fell for the fourth year in a row, down 1.5% to 126,900 units. Ford finished the year in third place for sales, its 16.1% market share trailing Holden Ltd. and Toyota Motor Corp. The result was disappointing in that it came in a year that saw Ford ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Australia profit up, sales down" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.