MELBOURNE – Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd. is set to release the manual-transmission version of its 348-hp Falcon XR8 performance car later this month. Australia now enjoys Falcon with powerful revised V-8. But the automatic version’s release has been set back to April while Ford overcomes the problem of the new 4-valve-per-cylinder 5.4L DOHC V-8 having too much torque for the gearbox. Ford Australia president Geoff Polites says there has been unprecedented interest in XR ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Australia Sees Big Demand for High-Performance Falcon" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.