MELBOURNE – Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd. saw an operating loss in 2001 of A$5.5 million ($2.9 million) as sales stumbled 6.2% and market share fell to 13.8%. As disappointing as the results were, they were a marked improvement over the A$16.1 million ($8.7 million) loss the auto maker experienced in 2000. In a published report, Ford Australia President Geoff Polites says last year's results were affected by a "tremendous amount" of spending on the new Ford Falcon and 4-wheel-drive ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Australia Sees Loss in 2001" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.