MELBOURNE — Ford Motor Co. Australia Ltd. reports a net loss of A$16.1 million (US$8.25 million) for 2000. Ford blames a weak Australian dollar, lower sales and aggressive marketing by competitors for the sharp turnaround from a A$82.3 million (US$42.2 million) profit in 1999. Ford Australia President Geoff Polites says the battle for market leadership at the end of 2000 resulted in heavy discounting at the retail level. “As a consequence, we lost sales and share and were forced to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Australia suffers net loss" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.