SAO PAULO – Ford Brasil Ltda.’s Camacari, Bahia, plant, which opened in 2001, has surpassed the production level of Ford’s main factory in metro Sao Paulo. Approximately 200,000 vehicles were produced in Camacari, including 148,000 New Fiestas, 48,500 EcoSports and 2,765 Ford Courier pickups. Ford EcoSport Reflecting stepped up production, Ford Brazil’s exports grew as well, rising 44% in 2003 over the prior year, with 84,783 units shipped abroad, generating revenues of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Bahia Plant Produces 200,000 Vehicles; Exports Rise" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.