SAO PAULO — Ford Motor Co. inaugurates its new Amazon small car plant this month, even though the state of Bahia has yet to start construction on the US$8 million Ponta da Laje port to serve the plant. The port is to be located in Aratu Bahia and was a key part of the negotiations for Ford to set up operations there. Construction, which is to begin late this month, is estimated to take about 10 months, says Araoldo Cedraz, secretary of industry and commerce of the state of Bahia, who notes ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford begins Amazon plant port construction" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.