Ford Motor Co. launches production of its Fiesta small car in Thailand amid reports it plans to build a factory in the country that will assemble the Focus. The Fiesta will be built at a new $500 million, 753,473-sq.-ft. (70,000-sq.-m) passenger-car plant in Rayong by AutoAlliance Thailand Co. Ltd., Ford’s joint venture with Mazda Motor Corp. Volume production is scheduled to ramp up at the facility in the coming weeks, with vehicles to arrive at Ford dealerships in Thailand and other ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Begins Fiesta Output in Thailand; Secures Financing to Relocate Philippines Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.