RENO, Nevada — Ford Motor Co. unveils the '01 Ranger on a 100-mile (162-km) stretch of tortuous terrain, and Ranger comes out feeling like “the little truck that could.” The '01 Ranger will be available with a regular cab or SuperCab, with three wheelbase choices, a traditional styleside or a more distinct flareside box and several payload capabilities. The SuperCab version is expected to account for more than 60% of sales, which that reached more than 300,000 units last year. In addition, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford boosts power for new Ranger line" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.