More evidence of the perseverance of the U.S. light truck market: Ford Motor Co.'s powertrain division expects to produce in excess of 1 million Triton single-overhead-cam V-8 and V-10 engines for light- and medium-duty truck applications this year, an insider tells Ward's. Ford's Windsor, Ont., casting and assembly operation for the Triton powerplants has adopted a spate of recent capacity increases for the Triton engine range and has taken on new applications that include the Excursion ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to Build 1 Million Triton Engines in 1999" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.