Ford Motor Co. says it will build a race-ready version of the ’05 Mustang that will cost in “the $100,000 ballpark” and be available this this spring. The car, built off the GT-R concept shown at the New York Auto Show, will carry a litany of Ford Racing-engineered modifications intended to prepare it for track use. Tweaks include a 5L V-8 built by Ford Racing that is capable of about 420 hp. Ford to offer race-ready Mustang. The vehicle is not street legal, the spokesman says, and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to Build $100,000 Racing Mustang" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.