Ford Motor Co. plans to build the next-generation ’05 Focus sedan and hatchback at its Pretoria assembly plant, marking the first time the vehicle will be produced in South Africa, a spokesman tells Ward’s. The auto maker will sell Pretoria-built versions of the Focus locally, in addition to exporting the car to other key markets, including Australia and New Zealand starting early next year. All three countries have been sourcing Focus vehicles from plants in Germany and Belgium. ’05 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to Build Focus in South Africa" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.