Ford Motor Co. concludes its latest round of employee buyouts as the auto maker attempts to align its workforce with market demand for its vehicles. Ford offered all of its 54,000 hourly workers a number of early retirement and buyout packages to trim its ranks and potentially make way for new, lower-wage hires. Up to 20% of Ford’s workforce can be hired in at a tier-two wage under the breakthrough 4-year contract reached last fall with the United Auto Workers union. Ford has not said ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Buyout Offers Expire" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.