Bridgestone Inc.'s effort to replace 6.5 million Firestone tires isn't moving nearly fast enough for Ford Motor Co. Ford Chief Executive Jacques Nasser tells USA Today that the tiremaker's goal of replacing the defective 15-in. ATX, ATX II and Wilderness AT tires by next spring is “unacceptable.” He says Ford is considering paying for rental cars for customers not satisfied with waiting until dealers can find tire replacements. If that happens, rentals likely will come from Ford-owned The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Calls for Quicker Bridgestone Recall" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.