BEIJING — The Chinese government gives the green light to Ford Motor Co. to pursue a joint venture to build passenger cars. The approval marks the passing of a major hurdle for Ford in China, which up to now only held a minority stake in a van-making venture. The No.2 U.S. automaker for years has been looking for a doorway to the boundless potential of China's passenger car industry (see FOCUS ON CHINA — July '00, p.5). Ford's new partner, Chongqing Chang'an Automotive Co. Ltd., is one ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford car venture gets go-ahead" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.