Ford Motor Co.’s next-generation Fusion and Mondeo sedans most likely will share a platform and a number of common components, says the auto maker’s top executive. The Fusion, sold primarily in North America, and the Mondeo, a popular European offering, are similar in size but share few components. But designing unique vehicles for different global markets is a practice Ford no longer can afford, President and CEO Alan Mulally says in a presentation at the Morgan Stanley Global ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford CEO Says Commonality Key" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.