Ford Motor Co. says in reports that its new car plant in central China is on track to begin production of passenger cars early next year, ahead of the original May 2003 target. Construction of the $98 million joint venture between Ford and Chongqing Chang’an Automobile Co. Ltd. is ahead of schedule. The main factory building already is completed and machinery and equipment are being installed. Administrative and support services buildings are slated for completion within a few months. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Chinese Plant Ahead of Schedule" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.