LONDON – First Standard & Poor’s cuts Ford Motor Co.’s debt rating to the lowest level above junk bonds, and now the auto maker’s chief designer J Mays says the Ingeni European studio will close. J Mays created Ingeni studio. The two events are inexorably linked. Ford no longer can afford the luxury of a studio, largely funded by its Premier Automotive Group – Land Rover, Volvo, Jaguar and Aston Martin – that’s effectively outside the traditional car-making system. (See ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to Close Ingeni European Design Studio" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.