Ford Motor Co. closes out 2008 with a drop in light-vehicle sales in December, but takes solace in the fact its market share increased for the third consecutive month, the first time that has happened since 1997. “It’s very challenging times, but on the bright side we’re encouraged by our market-share increase over year-ago levels,” says George Pipas, Ford’s top U.S. sales analyst. “Only Ford, Toyota (Motor Corp.) and Honda (Motor Co. Ltd.) achieved market share increases in December and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Closes 2008 With Bump in Market Share" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.