Ford Motor Co.'s venerable name is “on the line” with the long-awaited rollout of its '02 Explorer, says the automaker's North American truck vice president. Gurminder Bedi confirms Ford has begun shipping more than 25,000 stockpiled Explorers, the culmination of a protracted launch that raised quality questions about the industry's best-selling sport/utility vehicle (SUV). “They're shipping as we speak. We'll get the rail cars and haulaways lined up and we'll be down to nothing pretty ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Confident in '02 Explorer Rollout" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.