WAYNE, MI – Ford Motor Co. announces it will consolidate production of its Focus compact car in North America, moving assembly of all Focus models to its Wayne Stamping and Assembly plant by 2006. Currently, the 3- and 5-door Focus body styles are built at Ford’s Hermosillo (Mexico) Stamping and Assembly plant. Jim Padilla, Ford executive vice president and president of the Americas, says the production shift is accompanied by a 4-year, $240 million investment at Wayne to expand the body ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to Consolidate North American Focus Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.