Ford Motor Co. says strong new product across the board is helping it gain share in an overall dismal U.S. market, which the auto maker believes is beginning to show some signs of recovery. Ford posted light-vehicle sales of 129,309 units in March, down 38.1% on a daily rate basis from year-ago, according to Ward’s data. This year, March had 25 selling days, one less than like-2008. The performance outpaced the industry overall, which Ford estimates was off 40%-45% for the month. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Continues to Gain Retail Share, Sees Beginnings of Upturn" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.