Ford Motor Co. is mulling whether it will lay off approximately 300 workers at its Wayne Assembly Plant later this year. The layoffs would come as a result of a proposed $7 million slowdown of Ford Focus assembly operations. Ford has proposed a Ford Focus production slowdown starting June 1. The proposal is currently “on the table,” United Auto Workers Local 900 Vice President Brian Quantz tells Ward’s, but the union is resisting the proposal and offering less-expensive ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Could Lay Off Wayne Plant Workers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.