DETROIT – Ford Motor Co. divulges some of the commodities it will covet under Team Value Management (TVM), the supplier-oriented waste reduction strategy launched late last year. “(They) are some of the most significant components and subsystems in the vehicle,” Jeffrey Engel, executive director-North American vehicle procurement, tells Ward's. “Seats and fuel and safety systems, climate control. Ford is going to develop more engineering expertise in those areas, vs. others.” Ford ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Covets Seating, Climate Control Under New Supplier Strategy" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.