Ford Motor Credit, Ford Motor Co.’s auto financing arm, says it will begin offering its Red Carpet Option Plan in Rhode Island early next month due to the state’s vicarious liability laws. The outdated laws already have come under much scrutiny in other states, most recently New York, because they hold the leaseholder responsible for damages in the event of an accident. (see related story: NY Senate OKs Leasing Vicarious Liability Reform) Ford Credit says high stakes lawsuits in the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Credit On Its Way to Forgoing Leasing in Rhode Island" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.