Ford Credit Australia Ltd. is ending financing for retail car buyers starting Feb. 28. The Age newspaper in Melbourne says Ford Credit staff and car dealers from across the country recently met at Melbourne Airport, where they were told of the decision. The firm finances 10% of Ford Australia’s retail sales. There is no immediate comment from the auto maker in Australia, but the newspaper quotes Libbey Meredith, a spokeswoman for Ford Motor Credit Co. in Detroit, as saying, “This was a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Credit to Quit Financing Retail Sales in Australia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.