Ford Motor Co. plans a sharp cut in third-quarter North American car output but is adding to its light-truck slate. On tap for Ford’s North American plants are 137,900 car assemblies, down 35.2% from the 212,900 built in the same period year-ago. Extensive downtime appears to be in the schedule for U.S. car plants, slated to assemble less than one-third the number produced last year. Factored into that is last week’s closing of the Wixom, MI, facility that built more than 6,500 cars in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Cuts Q3 Car Plan, Adds Trucks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.