A tool designed to detect hydrocarbon (HC) leaks in vehicle evaporative emissions systems will make its way to all 6,000 Ford Motor Co. dealers in North America this month. The device, developed by Ford Research Vehicle and Technology engineers and STAR EnviroTech Inc. of Costa Mesa, is designed to help service technicians find HC leaks faster and reduce misdiagnosis. Ford says it is making a “multi-million dollar investment” in providing the tool to all its North American dealers free ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford dealers to get innovative HC leak detector" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.