TRAVERSE CITY, MI – Ford Motor Co. is delaying fleet availability of its groundbreaking Hybrid Escape until summer of 2004, Ward’s has learned. Ford Hybrid Escape Concept. Ford Div. President Steve Lyons says the move is being made to ensure the vehicle – the auto maker’s first offering with a gasoline-electric powertrain – performs as it should. Any company that might enter the high-profile hybrid market with a substandard vehicle “would never recover,” Lyons tells Ward’s. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Delays Hybrid Escape Fleet Launch" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.