DETROIT – Ford Motor Co. delivers the first of its scheduled 3,000 long-wheelbase ’02 Crown Victorias to New York for use as taxis. The additional 7.7 cu.-ft. (0.22 cu.-m) of interior room for passengers and carry-on luggage, give cabbies the right to charge a higher fare. The vehicle – assembled at Ford’s St. Thomas, Ont., plant – stickers for $25,890.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Delivers Crown Vic Taxis" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.