SYDNEY – Ford Motor Co. design boss J Mays confirms the Blue Oval is developing an all-new, rear-wheel-drive architecture for the U.S. and Australia. “Clearly, we have to develop one rear-drive platform for the world,” Mays says in a recent interview at the Frankfurt auto show. “Ford and Lincoln will take cars off it and, of course, (so will) Ford (in) Australia.” Mays refers to the new strategy as Ford’s Global Rear-Wheel-Drive Platform. His verification also comes from supplier groups ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Design Boss Confirms Plans for Global RWD Platform" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.