LONDON — “I want Lincoln to be the car to be in when you go to collect your Oscar,” says an impassioned Gerry McGovern. “We want to put the glamour back into Lincoln. The vision for Lincoln has to be aspirational.” The design world reacted with disbelief when the youthful, longhaired Brummie was appointed design director at Lincoln, long considered the manufacturer of the quintessential American ‘Yank Tank.’ “America's most distinguished motorcar,” Lincoln advertisements trumpeted in the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford designer seeks to define American luxury" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.