“Significant” plant closings and job cuts – both hourly and salary – will be part of a restructuring game plan Ford Motor Co. will announce in January, CEO Bill Ford says in discussing the auto maker’s disappointing third-quarter financial results. Negotiations also are under way with the United Auto Workers union on health-care cost reductions similar to those tentatively agreed to with General Motors Corp., he confirms. Bill Ford vows to stay in game. But company executives say ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to Detail Plant Closings, Job Cuts in January; Q3 Losses Total $284 M" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.